Friday, July 10, 2009

Louis M. Martini Cabernet- Exellent!


I like this wine so much I bought a half a case yesterday. It's the 2006 Louis M. Martini Cabernet Sauvignon. LMM has 4 vineyards, and this cab comes from Sonoma County. This is important because the Napa Valley cab is about 80% more money. I got it on sale for $10.99 a bottle and it's the finest Cabernet I've ever tasted. Not only does it have the rich, bold taste of a cabernet, it is also velvety smooth and delicious. At my recent wine tasting several people enjoyed this wine who did not traditionally like reds at all. The local liquor store raised their price to $22/bottle so we made a pilgrimage down to Daveco Liquors (the world's largest liquor store) to snatch up some more of these.

Robert Parker of Wine Advocate gave it 91 points.

UPDATE: We are almost out of LMM now but it did in fact get better with age. A couple months ago (March, 2012) my friends and I really appreciated the silky smoothness and bold rich flavor- it put so many lesser wines to shame. Also, compared to the Napa Valley blend, we actually preferred the Sonoma batch, regardless of price.

No comments:

Post a Comment